Increase zones in Europe

SUPERIOЯ

Increase zones in Europe

Post by SUPERIOЯ »

Hello

I think time has come to start increasing the number of zones,.especially in Europe (but world wide) outside the official turf country's.

There are a lot of turfers that like to go visit beautiful places and explore new terrain and combine it with turf aswell. It's a mystery to me there hasn't been Moore effort done to increase the number of zones in larger cities on Europe or other popular places. For me for e.g it's the best to be able to combine turf and travell, and I would love to see turf encourage to go to many differ places instead of limiting (planning where to go because of where to turf).

I would suggest a zonemaker to have Europe and world as their zone making area to increase the number of zones

/Superior
// SUPERIOЯ ✌️
zinkcity

Re: Increase zones in Europe

Post by zinkcity »

Couldn't agree more.

Capitals, major cities and unique places around the world deserve more zones imo. I totally understand the focus on adding more zones in official Turf counties but I don't think this contradicts the idea of adding more zones in so called Tourist countries.

The start could be to double the amount of zones in European capitals (Rome, Paris, Lisbon, Madrid etc). Then hit the major cities (Florence, Marseilles, Porto, Barcelona etc) and from there add zones to beautiful touristy places where a lot of ppl go to (Siena, Nice, Palma etc). After this phase there could be work done to other continents.

I think the biggest fear for a lot of users is if these new Tourist countries become saturated with zones (pph-wise), but I personally don't think this will be a problem. For example the city of Lisbon has 13 zones today. Having 26 would first of all make much more sense, secondly it wouldn't mean anyone would hoard pph (probably max 26 pph which is nothing).
Turfname : Zinky
erwin6330

Post by erwin6330 »

I would like to agree with this.
I ask myself the following question. Why is the number of zones dependent on the number of active players? A region, a city, is more interesting for the game the more zones can be conquered in the area.
How am I supposed to motivate more players when there are only 12 zones within a 10 kilometer radius?
This concept could certainly be improved.
Moru

Post by Moru »

The number of zones are dependent on the number of people that COULD be turfers so big cities gets lots of zones. It does not matter if there are few turfers there now. But it has to be an official turfer country to get any sort of attention since it takes a lot of work to place good zones.

(Hint, I want to help! :-)
Turfname is EQ
erwin6330

Post by erwin6330 »

What about Austria? Is it an official turfer country? If not, what does it take to become one?
I would be very motivated to find and set up new good zones. What would it take, what do I have to do?
I think that without a certain density of zones it is very difficult to motivate other players.
Moru

Post by Moru »

Turfname is EQ
erwin6330

Post by erwin6330 »

OK, Austria doesn't seem to be an official country.
What do I need to do to ensure that the proposed zones in my area are considered and added?
I would have made a few suggestions, but they were ignored :cry:
I find that very unfortunate.
Moru

Post by Moru »

Here is the ultimate guide:

https://maqqansturf.wordpress.com/2020/ ... aking-2-0/

Don't feel ignored, the zones if good will come when the zone maker notices them. If you don't tell them they will not notice them, there is no alert system that tells them of your wishes sadly.
Turfname is EQ
DXP2K
Zonemaker

Post by DXP2K »

erwin6330 wrote: 26 Jan 2024 15:01 I would have made a few suggestions, but they were ignored :cry:
I find that very unfortunate.
I wouldn't say ignored. Kufstein has been given zones. There will also be more zones if there is regular activity. More active players would help. And yes, the beginning is not easy! I've seen your suggestions. I already explained to you what happens next.
Turfen in Deutschland - Komm auf unseren deutschsprachigen Discord-Server und tausche dich mit Spielern aus ganz Deutschland aus.

Return to “Zones”