Block for "carturfing"?

Moru

Re: Block for "carturfing"?

Post by Moru »

HappyF wrote: 08 Mar 2024 08:34 Why should they be banned? There is no rule against car-turfing and the purpose of the game is to get you to get out. It's not an exercise app.
I can explain why someone would think that.

Some people feel it's unfair to spend 5 hours on foot getting points to just barely stay in the league and then someone below in the league kicks you down to a lower league by getting double the points in one hour carturfing.

But this is inherently not a fair competition, it's just a casual game. Areas with few players get almost four times the points per zone than a buzy area. I know that when I make it into a higher league it's just because I'm lucky with the draw and only have players from Sweden in the same league.
Turfname is EQ
ojarnstr

Post by ojarnstr »

Moru wrote: 08 Mar 2024 09:37
HappyF wrote: 08 Mar 2024 08:34 Why should they be banned? There is no rule against car-turfing and the purpose of the game is to get you to get out. It's not an exercise app.
I can explain why someone would think that.

Some people feel it's unfair to spend 5 hours on foot getting points to just barely stay in the league and then someone below in the league kicks you down to a lower league by getting double the points in one hour carturfing.

But this is inherently not a fair competition, it's just a casual game. Areas with few players get almost four times the points per zone than a buzy area. I know that when I make it into a higher league it's just because I'm lucky with the draw and only have players from Sweden in the same league.
I actually think it would be pretty boring, if every region or area would be exactly the same. I the think it is good that different regions have their own upsides and downsides and you choose your tactic based on that.

Nothing says you may only turf in your home area.

Small disclaimer I don't care about the leaugue game and have never been turf crazy enough to fight for the medals.
Moru

Post by Moru »

ojarnstr wrote: 08 Mar 2024 17:20 Small disclaimer I don't care about the leaugue game and have never been turf crazy enough to fight for the medals.
Yeah, I figured as much from your comment. :D
Turfname is EQ

Return to “Gameplay”